Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hunk Alert: John, Earl Talbot


SWM, Politician and peer
Likes: Travel, classical antiquities, kids, and dogs

At first glance I may seem like your average aristocrat: rich heiress mother, fashionable pink attire, predestined place in Parliament, but there is much more to me! I enjoy traveling.  But that doesn't mean you should, since I'm looking for a woman to settle down with.  Oh, and I like classical antiquity, so that kind of makes me stand out...a bit.

I'm looking for a child-bearing sort of girl.  Wealth or family history of birthing males are extra pluses.  Otherwise, a nice (looking) young lady with an appreciation for Classical art would be most suitable.

13 comments:

  1. Wu wu! So happens I just purchased the smartest traveling bonnet this side of the Thames -- where do I apply??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh darn. I wish I just bought a smart traveling bonnet! Those are great for making coquette-ish faces behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's too plain for my taste both in personality and looks. He asks the same for a woman and a dog: faithfulness and an heir.

    Nine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes a bit boring in personality but I find him easy on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Honnete that made me gasp! Wasn't it our darling William Cavendish, 5th Duke of Devonshire, who treated beautiful, fashionable Gee in so similar a fashion? Ugh, these men!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Miss Honnete; He's a little to plain...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's a nice tall glass of something...grapefruit juice? And, because I've elected myself to be the tacky one this thread: Am I imagining it, or did the painter go to some trouble to highlight and shade his junk in those satiny breeches?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Paul, that is nothing compared to some of the tight-panted men I saw recently at the Lawrence exhibit. I was at an uncomfortable eye-level with John Lord Mountstuart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found the painting of Mountstuart. Goodness! I don't blush easily, m'dear! Actually, the background is exceptional: the distant valley and estate are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha! It must have been alarming for you to instantly direct your eyes to the background!

    But in seriousness, I came out of the exhibition having a new respect for Lawrence's backgrounds...and not just due to avoiding tight-panted men.

    ReplyDelete