Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Jane!

It's Miss Austen's 243th birthday! What would we do without her? Maybe have realistic expectations about men? Either way, Jane Austen is a much beloved author here so this is cause for celebration. So what's going on? Well, I hear Quirk Books is having a big celebration since Miss Austen has given them a very big year. I also suspect Jane Austen's World, Austen Prose, and Jane Austen Today, among others will have big goings on. Happy Birthday Jane!

5 comments:

  1. Fitzwilliam Miller wishes Miss Austen a very happy birthday and extends apologies on behalf of all humanity for the mashup called Sense and Sensibility and Seamonsters. A woman of wit and wisdom, I take hope in the assurance that you do not strain your bones by too much rolling in your grave...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Jane! I love her she's my favorite author:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Miss Austen!! Thank you for so many years of happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt she ever thought that people worldwide could ever love her so- Happy Birthday Jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Birthday Miss Jane! I told all my friends at school on Wednesday and got some very strange looks...they obviously don't appreciate her...their loss! Thank you for being such a wonderful advisor on affairs of the heart!

    ReplyDelete