Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hunk Alert: William Beckford


GWM, Art Collector, Author, and Patron of the arts. Man of taste looking for a man of similar tastes.
Likes: Travel, art, architecture, gothic architecture, interior decorating, collecting, the exotic, young servants.

I like to remain a bit of a mysterious character due to some public scraps I've gotten into before, involving my personal life. I am happiest when I am renovating my massive homes or buying fabulous artworks, particularly from the Italian Renaissance or from the Orient. After a busy day of these enterprising projects, I like to write,walk among my large collection of animals, or find other means of relaxation inside the confines of my home.

I've been married before but am not exactly looking rush into another marriage again. A young man of the most refined tastes who also knows how to let loose would be the most interested in getting acquainted with me.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so touched - you found me an 18th century boyfriend. Just what I always needed. Hurray!!!
    I met this fun girl at that Storybook Ball where I went as Mr. Darcy and she actually said, "But was Darcy gay? I didn't think he was..." Can you believe? I was thinking, "Hey, look over there at that lady pirate. Were lady pirates really CEO's of small banking firms?" Now you have to fit into the same political category as your Hallowe'en character. Be warned.
    No joke - this hunk is possibly the hottest yet. How young were the houseboys? We're not talking kid-toucher, are we? Wait. Don't tell me. Beckford and I have just met. I've been hurt too many times by men from other centuries...

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is something about that button chin that is a little suspect...poufka!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poufka, sure, but hotcha! I like his hair and cravat. Good style. And I recommend the walk up to Beckford's Tower when in Bath. It's a lovely walk and there's a cemetery with lots of atmosphere on the grounds. Interesting man. (Reynolds did a sweet double portrait of his two daughters when they were young that hangs at...wait for it...the Huntington.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Margravine and Polonaise: You've perfectly nailed 18th century political correctness regarding gay people. I'd love to hear what you guys call native Africans. True to period there, as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, he has beautiful eyes. But I guess I'll have to keep looking. ^^

    I've never really liked 18th century fashion for men, but just in the last week suddenly every man in curls and a frock coat looks ridiculously dashing and attractive. I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've been spending too much time on this site!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too pointy nosed and small shouldered. Good for a dance or two, but I would not be seduced to go to a dark arbor for an assignation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm inclined to agree with you, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry, this blog is also a support group for that affliction as well.

    ReplyDelete