Friday, October 30, 2009

Bad 18th Century Costume Halloween Countdown

Tomorrow is Halloween! I hope you have your costume ready. But, if not...


Did someone drown Cinderella? Or no, wait, this was the Ghost of Fashion Past that visited me one fateful night when I began to loose faith in Gautier. One thing I will give this costume, "Ghost of Marie Antoinette" is that it is, at least, original. However, the fact that there is only one view; and it doesn't show the front, probably means that the front isn't any better than the view we are allowed here.

5 comments:

  1. This ghost seems scary in that, "Boo! I have genital herpes!" kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It frightens me that not only does it look like this "costume" was made from tin foil and toilet paper, it is also out of stock - Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That could be the scariest part of all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know that in the afterlife Marie Antoinette got her head...but as a punsihment for her wicked ways she was doomed to wear cheap poliester for all eternity....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting these abominations. I've seen them all over eBay. *sigh*
    My fellow-historic re-enacting boyfriend is even appalled by these costumes.

    ReplyDelete