Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Femine Fancy-Free

While strolling through Etsy, I made a find that I thought some of you might appreciate. Kirby's shop sells Kirby's own original artwork which, you'll be delighted to find, consists of simplified historical women, including some from our favourite period. Being a frugally-minded artist, she includes both originals and prints of these most affordable and cheery subjects. She also includes fun Gossip Guide approved descriptions which are quite amusing. Some of my favourites include Gentleman with Icecream, The Fan Lady, Lily White, Comely Queene. Do check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Those paintings are so pretty! thanks for the link. hmm I'm tempted to buy one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! You'll be comforted by the fact that you're supporting artists ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I've been trying to figure out how I would like to decorate my sewing area and this is kind of Perfect since I sew mostly historical and fantasy. It's also affordable and original. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me so happy to hear! I was thinking these would be perfect for someone just moving or needing to decorate a room.

    ReplyDelete